Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Here it is...almost Fall! 

For me end of summer continues as long as the weather remains warm and luxurious the way it is right now. 

I took a bit of a break from painting to go to a wedding during a full moon with an incredible view of the skyline of New York City! Wow!



.....oh! Right back to painting! 

I got back and dug right into project Art Mug for New Public Radio's Art Mug contest. 
I turned my entry in in the nick of time yesterday! To that end I include some of the sketches I used. This was a fun illustration type project that incorporated some of my favorite themes about New England. Landscape, agriculture, water, boats...




Then on to adding color...


 And sometimes just black and white if it suits!


Eventually these all get put into a landscape believe me! But just have to wait until tomorrow for the result! Not that I think they'll pick mine or anything but you never know! 





No comments:

Post a Comment